Friday, May 16, 2014

Did American Soldiers In Iraq Die In Vain?

American soldiers die to keep us free.
To say that any American soldier died in vain in Iraq would not only be a disgrace to all the family and friends of the deceased hero, but it should be taken as a slap in the face to all American citizens.
When a man or woman enlists in any branch of our United States Armed Forces, each takes the same oath:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the uniform code of military justice, so help me God.."
If you would ask any soldier in Iraq what were they most worried about, outside their families, the overwhelming answer would be - "I worry about what America thinks about us." I know that because I have two family members in the war zone - a son and a son-in-law. Frankly, it disgusts me to know that there are citizens of this great nation who would even mention that our soldiers were dying in vain.



Do you also think that those who died in WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Civil War, all died in vain? If not, why not?

Our men and women are dying so you and I won't have to. You and I can get up in the morning and go to work without the threat of someone dropping a bomb on our homes. Our children can sleep safely in their beds at night. You and I can enjoy the holidays with our families. I think you should understand that there is no "FREE" in "Freedom".

We may not like our President or any of his decisions, but he is still our President. It is really strange how people won't even take the time to vote in a Presidential election and then spend the next four years complaining about the person who was elected. Don't you think that's a little ironic?

Our men and women die in order to pay the tremendous price of remaining a free nation. They are not there because they want to die, they are there because they all took the same oath.

I personally thank all the brave men and women of our armed forces for their faithful service and for risking their lives everyday for me and my family. I also thank those whose lives have been forever changed by the death or serious injury of a friend or family member.

No, your sons and daughters have not died in vain for they have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect the freedoms you and I enjoy every single day.

I realize there are other ideas and opinions on this topic. That's what makes this country so great. Please join me on LinkedIn and Google+.
As a freelance writer, I write on many other topics outside government and politics. If you need some help writing those high quality blog posts, you can get in touch over here. - Ken